In Case You Missed It | April | Scholars & Parents
We just wrapped up another successful season of Scholar retreats. Each class of LINK Scholars met with their cohort and spent the day focusing on leadership development, goal setting, team building, and self-reflection.
Here are a few sentiments from our Scholars about their experiences:
- 79% felt the retreat helped them grow as leaders.
- “I like how people were able to be vulnerable and share some personal things.”
- 70% thought the retreat connected to their personal, academic, professional goals and interests (Class of 2026).
- “It helped me learn what I’m going to do for my high school and college.”
- “I learned that everybody has something they’re working on inside, even though they may not be showing it.”
- “Facilitators cared and showed love.”
- “I learned that the first step in being successful is to ask for help when you know you need it.”
- “I just say we do it 2 times a year [instead of 1] and I also learn that I got people to lean on.”
THANK YOU to our LINK Staff, LINK Alum & Board Member Julie Welborn and her retreat facilitation team, and parents for coming together to make this happen. Most importantly, THANK YOU to our Scholars for showing up with a readiness to listen, learn and be fully present. We’re so proud of you and look forward to seeing your continued growth.