Applying to the LINK program is an online process requiring student essays, parent essays, and a complete financial aid verification process conducted through the FAST application. There is an application fee which is the responsibility of the family. We encourage applicants to type essays in a word processing application (i.e. Microsoft Word) and then copy and paste into the online application.
We will evaluate the student’s 7th and 8th grade report cards and 7th grade standardized test scores. We will determine a core grade point average by calculating grade points in core subject areas (math, science, English, language arts, social studies, reading)
A select number of families will be invited to participate in a one-hour, in-person interview.
LINK Unlimited Scholar Class of 2021
To become a LINK Unlimited scholar, you must complete the following steps:
- Meet all of the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the online application by the deadline –Friday, March 24, 2017.
- You are strongly encouraged to type out your responses to the student and parent essays in a word processing software (ex. Word for Windows) then copy and paste your responses to the LINK application. All sections of the School Question portion of the application must be completed in order to save your application and come back to it later.
We want to help you prepare in advance! Download a copy of the short answer and essay questions here.
If you are submitting an application for more than one child, please use a single application (pay one application fee) and provide responses from BOTH children for the ‘School Question Section’. Indicate each response by including the student’s name.
- Send all supporting documents (postmarked by March 24, 2017) to the address listed below.
You are strongly encouraged to APPLY ONLINE BEFORE SENDING YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (FAST will only keep your documents on file for 1 week before an official application has been completed online. After 1 week, all documents will be shredded.)
Supporting documents must include:
a. Copies of the applicant’s 7th and 8th grade report cards (1st quarter of 8th grade if available by the time you send the application)
b.Copy of applicant’s 7th grade standardized test scores (i.e. ISAT, Terra Nova, Explore, NWEA MAP, PARCC, etc.)
c. All supporting financial documents (both parents 2015 tax returns for both State and Federal taxes with all schedules, W-2′s and most recent check stub, etc.) After submitting your application you will receive an email providing you with a personal list of required documents.
d. Three letters of recommendation – download the recommendation forms to give to your teachers/administrators here.
e. Send all supporting documents to the following address:
1316 N. Union St.
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
*If you have questions about the receipt of your application or need technical assistance throughout the process, call the FAST 24-hour hotline at 1-877-326-FAST (3278).
**The application fee is $41.00. Fees must be paid by credit/debit card before submitting.
- Be accepted to and plan to attend a LINK Unlimited Scholars 2017-18 High School Partnerships.