April 29, 2016
During the April 2016 NPEA Conference in Baltimore, MD, LINK Unlimited Scholars was selected as the 2016 recipient of the Award of Excellence in Educational Access which recognizes an NPEA member that has made a notable difference in the lives of underrepresented students and has demonstrated:
- Effective practices in supporting underrepresented students with high-quality educational opportunities along the k-16 continuum;
- A commitment to using data to inform and improve programming and practices;
- Support for students’ personal growth and success as critical thinkers, ethical leaders, and supportive community members;
- Commitment to sustainability, including evidence of systems that support long-term success and/or potential growth;
- Leadership in the community and commitment to the field of educational access; and
- Creative problem-solving, innovation, adaptability, and productive growth in meeting the needs of their constituents.
Pictured above (left to right): Khair Sadrud-Din (Program Manager, College Success, LINK Unlimited Scholars), NPEA Planning Committee member and award sponsor representative Rebecca Cullen (Director, Young Scholars Program and Events, Jack Kent Cooke Foundation), Alpachino Hogue (Director of Educational Programs, LINK Unlimited Scholars), and NPEA Planning Committee member Gina King (Director of College Counseling, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School – Baltimore).
Photo credit: Danielle Visco, Luv Lens