• The student must be an African American 8th grader (students who have already started high school are not eligible to apply).
• The student must reside in the Chicagoland area and plan to attend a LINK Unlimited partnering high school in the Chicagoland area (school must be tuition-charging – private, parochial, or independent).
• The student must be highly motivated as evidenced by strong academic potential (strong candidates have achieved mainly As and Bs in core subjects).
• Each family must demonstrate financial need such that, without LINK, the student might not be able to attend the school of choice. (Supporting documents will be required. e.g. 1040, W-2, 1099 forms, etc.)
• Student must exhibit good moral character, integrity, and strong values.
• LINK is a comprehensive 4-year program that requires students who exhibit commitment, responsibility, and a willingness to actively participate in the organization and its programs and activities.
• LINK Unlimited is a family-centered program, therefore, we expect the parent(s)/guardian(s) to be integrally involved, cooperative and supportive of the student as well as the organization and its programs, activities and meetings.
Do you know a future LINK scholar??? If you are a grammar school teacher/administrator, church, community based organization, etc. and would like to have a representative from LINK Unlimited come out to speak to a group of your students about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Tiffany McQueen, Director of Educational Programs at 312-225-5465.